Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Always wanted to look flawless?

As you all probably know photo-shopping is a common thing these days. 

But how easy is it really? and will I look overdone if I use it?  will everybody be able to tell?
Yes it is easy, that's why everyone's doing it and chances are yes, people will know if you'v covered your face in a thick layer of airbrushing. its like saying your wearing no makeup when you clearly have bright red lipstick on. see what im saying? all in moderation ladies.
 If your only trying to hide a spot or something it wont be so,obvious. 
Just don't lie about it, If somebody asks if you Photoshopped that, be honest and say yeah, chances are they already know the answer.
If you just want to look fresh faced try using the wrinkle remover effect on www.picmonkey.com on any spots or patches on your skin, I find it works better then the airbrush effect personally.
Then try the eye brighten effect (one of my favourites) it makes you look really awake.
Maybe have a little play with the other effects too, its going to take you a while to get used to them all.
In the below photo I changed it to black & white because it looked a bit too fake in colour. Sometimes this is a good option if you feel you look a little too Photoshopped.

A little more in depth 

The next one is a bad photo to start with, my eye-liner is all wrong and I just look like a walking mess but you can still see what Im trying to show you.
To start with I smoothed my skin out and got rid of all the little flaws, I then used eye brighten and mascara effects to make my eyes stand out.
I then smoothed out my lips a little because I naturally have very damaged lips as you can see in picture one.
A little hint, you do not ever want to change your eyebrows, trust me it wont work out right.
In a photo like this you must remember to also smooth the skin on your neck. nobody has a flawless face and a reddish neck do they? but again don't go overboard, you still want to look real.
Then I just changed the colour scheme to one I liked and thought suited the photo.
I would always say you should play around with colour schemes as you never really know what will look good until you try it on.



What not to do!

Never use all the effects just because you can.
Never add writing, tacky pictures or a border unless you have a good reason.. eg Christmas, invitations or before and after shots.
Never airbrush over your lips, eyebrows, clothes or hair in one straight line, you dont want it all to blend into each other.
Never change your eye colour to anything crazy like pink or purple, its just not realistic.
Never add fake tan if your pale like me. It will look orange. I don't care how you'v always wanted to be tan. if the sun cant give it to you neither can Photoshop.. people will notice straight away, especially if your arms don't match.
Most importantly!!
Never post a photo before comparing it to the original. 
If the original is better, post it instead.


That's my tips on Photoshopping, hope it helped!
Now it's you'r turn

No comments:

Post a Comment